2009年6月20日 星期六

Martin Niemoller

Martin Niemoller 二次大戰後的懺悔文

THEY FIRST CAME for the Communists, 起初他們(德國納粹黨)帶走共產黨員,

And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.我沒有說話,因為我不是共產黨員;

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews, 接著他們帶走猶太人,

And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. 我沒有說話,因為我不是猶太人;

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists, 後來他們帶走工會成員,

And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.我還是不說話,因為我不是工會成員;

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics, 此後他們帶走天主教徒,

And I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.我仍然沒有說話,因為我是基督徒;

THEN THEY CAME for me, 最後,他們來帶走我,

And by that time no one was left to speak 但這時候已經沒有人能為我說話了。

沒有留言:

張貼留言